The James Stewart Chapter NSDAR was organized in Heard County Georgia in 2000.  The chapter received No. 3119-GA and became a member of the Fourth District of the Georgia State Society of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.  On September 9, 2000, under the leadership of Mrs. Lela Whitley Craft, the organizing members held their first official meeting.  The twenty-six organizing members had worked long and hard to make their chapter happen.

The first meetings were held in the Glenn Community, but were officially moved to Franklin in 2003.  The chapter meets once a month from September through May.

Heard County is a small, mostly rural county in the western part of Georgia on the Georgia – Alabama line.  It was created on December 22, 1830.   As of 2000, the population was 11,012.   The 2010 census  shows a population of 11,834.   The city of Franklin is the county seat.  Heard County has has one high school, one middle school, and three elementary schools.